Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Love Song II: Pied Piper

Copyright 2007 – All Rights Reserved



ain’t no turnin back now.

you
beckoned

you
summoned

you compelled me

to follow you...to play
my role in
this here love story
where there ain’t no script.

well,
never mind that...
since ain’t no turnin back now.

you
set the stage

you
cued me

you
figured out how to get me

and here I am
standing center stage
with no lines
with no directions
with no blocking
for my moves.

well,
never mind that now...
cause ain’t no turnin back, my love.

ain’t no turnin me back
ain’t no turnin me round
ain’t no turnin us off this road we on...

cause
the curtain's already up
and the house lights are down
sho' nuff rehearsal is over
and, baby, this show
is already
all the way
ON.


8/3/2007 and 9/5/07

4 comments:

GiGi's bLoGgIeS said...

I love this blog because i can relate to it so much. I feel like i've been in this very situation before. The words you chose to describe this poem and bring it to life are perfect ways to describe this situation.

aprilrobles said...

I think this was a very unique peom. It really caught my attention becuase it's true when one is in love there is no turning back what's done is done. I think this is a situation many people have been in.

Phenomenal I am said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Phenomenal I am said...

For my 2007 pick from your writing selection I decided to go with " Love/Song Two Pied Piper." I have always been one to become very captivated in the things I read and it takes a lot to captivate me. When I read this poem it took me to a place that was so real, as if I have been there before. I could relate to each and every sentence in the poem,exactly. It made me take a step back and say wow this is all very true. I have been in a relationship for two years now and ever since the "love" word came into play I have never been able to get out completely. No matter how hard I try, but sometimes I think maybe it is because I don't want to get out. My favorite phrase of the entire poem is " and here I am standing center stage with no lines with no directions with no blocking for my moves." That sums it all up , once love has you in,you never know which way you are going to turn,you just go whatever way it takes you and take whatever punches it throws at you.