Saturday, December 31, 2011

The Book of Days X: 21 Things That Nurture My Spirit

Copyright 2011-All Rights Reserved

Nurturing My Spirit

I read an article by a woman on this topic this past year. It got me thinking about things that nurture my spirit. Not listed in order of importance, here’s what I came up with. It's good, I think, to reflect about what things nurture your spirit as the new year comes in.. . and to resolve to indulge yourself in these things as often as possible.

Think about my list as you read and perhaps you will come up with your own. 


1. Ansel Adams’ Photos


2. Walking in Gardens


3. Flowers and Plants


4. Gardening.


5. Dogs


6. Snuggling with/Holding Hands with My Honey


7. Colors


8. Sunlight


9. Native American Flute Music


10. Walking/Hiking Park Trails


11. The Sight of a Full Moon


12. The Sound and Sight of the Ocean’s Ebb and Flow


13. A Hug


14. Listening & Talking to Friends


15. The Sights of Red Rock Country. Looking at The Grand Canyon, Monument Valley, Arches, Bryce Canyon,


16. Swimming


17. Yoga


18. Listening to Luther Vandross’ Music


19. The Visual Arts (Photography, Sculpture, Painting, Collages, Pottery, Glassmaking)


20. Writing


21. Reading



Happy New Year!


May 2012 be a year that brings all the positive energy of the universe to you and those you love.

May this be a year that begins and ends with love and connection...

with creativity and with purpose...

with a willingness to save and preserve all the beauty and bounties of our earthworld.


End

No comments: