Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The Book of Days VI: Reality Checks


Copyright 2010-All Rights Reserved



Reality checks are my touchstones for living each moment despite the chattering, tricky monkeys in my head.

1. Be yourself whoever you are… and the hell with it.

2. Social Security benefits will never give me/you/anybody enough money to live on. And The Powers That Be make damn sure it stays that way.

3. Everything that I think is NOT true. Let’s put it another way: Because I think it, doesn’t make it truth. My head often tells me lies.

4. Today: The good news is … I feel my feelings. Today: The bad news is… I feel my feelings. Ride with it. Hi-oh, Silver and Away!!!

5. Being kind and considerate helps to relieve some of the unnecessary suffering we put ourselves and everybody else through.

6. Time and friends are as precious as pearls.

7. Having true faith requires me to take the risk of stepping over the edge, so I can take wing and…fly.

8. You can’t outrun uncertainty, change and choices.

9. You are your greatest teacher.

10. Live in this moment. The next one ain’t guaranteed.

No comments: