Saturday, October 3, 2009

Love Song X: Memory Quickens


Copyright 2009-All Rights Reserved


Memory Quickens


I know the sound of you
I hear
your
breath
in the rush of waves
your heartbeat
in the silent forest
I hear you
the sound of you
in a bird’s call at dawn
in the chatter of autumn leaves
you
quicken
in memory
echo
in summer thunder
whisper
in spring rain
I know
the sound of you
you
beckon
with the setting sun
and always
in every
golden
moon rise.

memory quickens
and
I see your dreaming face
know the sight of you
in morning light
see
your shining softness
the silhouette of
your soul
see
the length and breadth of you
curled
in sleep’s embrace
lying peacefully here
next to me.

I know the touch of you
remember it
as
memory quickens
and I feel
the summer lightning
of your
fingertips
moving lazily
down
my neck
moving across
the diary
of my palms
moving deliberately
to find
each secret
hollow of me
moving
until
I
catch fire
in a fever
in a
cool
burning
that
consumes.

I know the smell of you
stealing
into my daydreams
riding
the heat of day
like a naked Godiva
riding
hot afternoon breezes
carrying
your exotic woman-smell
like perfumed desert sage
quickening my memories
drawing and pulling
me
ever
to you.

I know the taste of you
your sweet bursts of pleasure
tender
as ripe
pomegranate seeds
quickens
in memory's fire
so that
once more
the spice of you
pungent and honey-laced
bites my lips
like ginger
and
lingers
fragrant
on my tongue.

while
we are apart
memory
of you
draws breath
and
lives
here
in my five senses.
while
we are apart
my memory
quickens
returns
night and day
to
the sound
and
sight
of you
returns
to
the smell
and
taste
of you
returns
to
the memory
of
your touch
evermore.
9/17/09

































































































No comments: